In today's world we try and classify everyone with a title. Even in the christian world we do this. We say things like I am Catholic, or I am Baptist, or Charismatic, or Pentecostal.
These are all denominations of Christianity. Each believes their way is the right way to the Father.
The bible tells us "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." John 14:6
No where in this truth does it say "and if you are Catholic or Baptist or Pentecostal." I think as Christians we get so caught up in the business of faith that we forget about the act of faith.
I am a member of a church that is a member of a denomination. I do not consider myself to be a member of a denomination. My choice to join my church had nothing to do with it's affiliations and it still doesn't. I joined a faithful body of believers.
I honestly think we would be better off without denominations. Jesus didn't need them when he was ministering to people, so why do we think we need them now?
The bottom line is I am NOT Catholic, or Baptist, or Pentecostal, or any of the other Christian denominations in the world. I AM a Christian.
No comments:
Post a Comment