Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Lifting My Lid...

I have been reading John C. Maxwell's "The 21 Most Powerful Minutes in a Leader's Day" and I have to say, it is an excellent book.

The reason I mention this is because today I read about Lifting Lids. He refers to "Lids" as the challenges and opportunities we face each day of our life.

He goes on to talk about the challenges or "Lids" that David faced head on instead of hiding from them like Saul did.

This comes at an interesting time for me because I have a "Lid" that I must lift. Everyone that knows me, knows, that I am more comfortable behind the scenes. I am not one for public speaking at all.

Yesterday I was told that I have to give a presentation on our company's new website. Now, I know more about our website then anybody else so I am not afraid of the topic.

My fear or "Lid" comes from having to talk in front of a group. I would rather do anything else then speak to a large group. To make matters worse for me, the group will be made up of Executive Directors, the President of the company, and most likely the Chairman of the Board.

So, before I read today's reading I was thinking how am I going to get out of this. Now, I think I am ready to lift this "Lid" and move on to the next challenge they throw at me.

To learn more about the book I am reading, click the title of it in the right column.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I am sure you will do fine, you always worry and then it turns out good.