Tuesday, February 19, 2008

In God We Trust

Or do we? We see this phrase on every coin made from the US Mint. But do we really believe it?Do we really trust God with everything in our lives? I know I don't put my trust in God always. So why is that?

I find for me personally, it is easier to tell others to put all their trust in God than it is to actually do it myself. Yes, that makes me a hypocrite. I am aware of this, and this is something I pray about daily. I pray that I can let go of everything in my life and allow God to take care of it according to his plan.

So what does it really mean to trust God completely? As of right now, I am not really sure. For me I think it means to come to a final realization that I can't do this on my own and that God is in control of everything. I do know one thing. By me not trusting God with everything in my life I am robbing myself of his true blessings for my life. I am also robbing God of the ability to pour out his full blessings on my life which in turn would allow me to live out my live according to his plan.

So I guess what I am saying is if you are doing the same thing, not trusting God completely, join in praying with me that we would start to allow God to work the way he wants to in our lives.

No comments: