Saturday, April 19, 2008

Ramblings on a Saturday Afternoon

This coming week begins our softball season. So for the next several weeks we have games both Monday and Tuesday evening. On most Tuesday evenings I will still be going to our exercise class before the game with my wife. Some might say that this is not wise... I would have to agree.

We weighed in this past week for the first time in about 3 weeks. I think I showed a loss, but I am not sure. They didn't have the results from the last 10 weeks with them to compare. The work outs this week have been rough to say the least. We went from being beginners to advanced and no one asked us if we wanted to.

So I have resigned myself to the fact that between softball and exercise class, I am going to be one sore fellow for the next couple of months.

Some might say then don't do it...I would have to say, I wouldn't want to not do it. Even with all the pain, it is fun.

Our first game is this Monday against a youth team. So how embarrassing is it going to be if we loss to a youth team? Tune in later in the week to find out if it was embarrassing or not.

In other news, my oldest step son got 2 A's on his report card. Considering where his grades were in the beginning of the year, he is doing fantastic in school. He is also the owner of a learners permit. So my wife and I no longer sleep at night.

In other news... I am the worlds worst procrastinator. I have two projects for my church that I need to complete. I should have completed one of them before the end of last year. I was going to spend some time today working on that project, but did not have the motivation to do so. So I really need to work on getting motivated to get these done.

Until next time.... If you go towards the light at the end of the tunnel, make sure it is not a train coming your way.

No comments: